If you are having serious pain, aching, varicose veins & swelling in legs while running then you should start using compression socks. A lot of marathon runners use compression socks for better performance and faster recovery.I have reviewed the best compression socks for running available in the market.
How do compression socks work?
Compression socks increase circulation and oxygen blood flow. Which means it will give you maximum relief from the pain that you feel. It will revitalize those muscles and decreases the time needed for recovery. It also helps stabilize the muscle tissue after your workout or at the time of practice. What is does is it keeps the swelling of muscle fibers at a micro & manageable level. This allows the muscles to rebuild themselves faster than normal. The invention of compression socks is a beauty and is a must have gear for any athlete. It lets them wake up the next day with the pain, aches or heaviness in their legs which lets them practice every day get faster and better. Anyone can get benefits from wearing compression socks if you spend too much time standing, sitting or running. The current compression socks support the legs from foot up to the knee which provides extra support to the exact point you need. As they are supposed to pinpoint compression to your calf muscle, reduce muscle vibration and keep your legs feeling fresh.
Top 3 Best Compression Socks for Running
- Stylish and long lasting.
- Double stitched with Anti-Bacterial Fabric used.
- Thinner athletic sock material.
- Compression and support is perfectly located on Heel, Foot & Calves
- Moisture wicking properties, rapidly air dry in a few hours
- Compression rating is 20 – 30 mmHg
- Free ebook to get you started.
Wanderlust Air Travel Compression Socks (4.7 / 5)
Wanderlust compression socks are considered to be one of the best compression socks on the market. It serves its best purpose especially when you want to get rid of swelling, pain, edema & dvt in your legs. These are medical grade compression socks and a lot of doctors suggest their patient using these socks. It provides better recovery from the muscle pain and support for your legs. If you want to buy a pair of compression socks but are confused about which one to buy I would recommend this one. You will be amazed at how much change a pair of compression socks can bring in your running experience. Also, it will help you reduce injuries related to running like shin splints and plantar fasciitis etc. We all know how much technology gave us and this is basically a combination of science and technology. Wanderlust compression socks lets your feet breath and provides support where needed. These contour to the shape of each foot with the awesome fabric they use.
- Cotton, Polyester, Nylon & Lycra.
- Long Lasting.
- Developed using advanced technology for maximum comfort By Sock Nerds.
- Reduces recovery time giving better performance.
- Perfect fit
- Effective compression without feeling too tight.
- Best for any type of use traveling, running or keeping the leg edema under control.
Vitalsox VT1211 Graduated Compression Performance Patented Training, Race, and Recovery Socks Pairs with DryStat (4.4 / 5)
You will love these socks. It has the Silverstat built in which gives you the benefit of no smell. So basically once you wear them you won’t want to take them off. If you tried different compression socks already and none of them meets your standards then this one will be for you. You will feel the difference from the first time you wear them. It’s also considerably cheap comparing them to other compression socks on the market. So if you are on a tight budget and just need a pair of compression socks for regular use then you should try these. They definitely increase circulation and are very durable. A friend had used them on a long hiking, trekking trip and he told me these made the trip the best one he ever had. The compression is excellent as reviewed by other users as well.
- Excellent Compression of 12-20mm Hg for the maximum boost in circulation.
- Remains intact after several washes.
- Good quality for the price tag.
- Affordable compression socks on the market.
- Keeps feet from swelling.
- Silver Drystat Blister & Odor Control material used.
- Stops the growth of bacteria and fungus as well while wicking moisture away from your feet.
- Quicker recovery to reduce injuries.
In conclusion, Physix Gear Sport compression socks seem to be the best compression socks for running. Due to the features and better support. Do your research before you buy any and you may need to try a few before you find out which one fits you the best. As the choice is different from person to person. Happy Running!