It may not feel like it yet, but spring is here! And you know what that means, summer is just around the corner. Soon enough everyone will be in a rush to get in shape, and having the right clothing, specifically shorts, is very important. Running shorts make it easier and more comfortable to run, and if you like them, they might even motivate you to do it more! Here’s a helpful guide to the best men’s and women’s running shorts this season!
Women’s Running Shorts
These shorts are a favorite of many women. They’re made with Nike’s special Dri-FIT material, and they have breathable mesh side inserts that keep you cool, dry, and comfortable all throughout your run. Although they’re a little more expensive, they’re guaranteed to make your workout more enjoyable (and who wouldn’t want that?).
- Nike Dry fabric helps you stay dry and comfortable.
- 3in inseam features a curved hem for great range of motion.
- Side mesh panels ventilate to keep you cool.
- Internal audio pocket on the back-right provides convenient storage for small items.
- Reflective details enhance visibility in low-light conditions.
These Under Armour shorts are lightweight, breathable, and super comfortable. So much so, that you’ll probably wear them even when you aren’t working out. And with over 10 color choices, you’re guaranteed to find the one’s that are right for you! If you can’t decide between colors, get multiple. We sure won’t judge!
- 100% Polyester
- Lightweight woven fabric delivers superior comfort & durability
- Signature Moisture Transport System wicks sweat to keep you dry & light
- Super-breathable mesh side panels to dump excess heat
- Wide covered elastic waistband for the perfect comfort fit
- Shaped hem delivers enhanced coverage without looking big & bulky
ASICS Women’s 2N1 Shorty, White/White (4.5 / 5)
Here’s another pair of shorts that you’ll fall in love with and probably want to wear everyday (hence, “Everyday Short”). These shorts dry faster than you can sweat, so they keep you cool and comfortable. They’re also extremely lightweight, so it’s the closest thing to wearing nothing!
- Looks just like cotton, but packed full of technical qualities, including powerful moisture management to keep you cool and dry
- Soft, four-way stretch fabric with moisture-wicking properties for comfort on the go
- Semi-Fitted: Contours to the body
- Flatlock seam construction protects against chafing
- Classic styling makes this an everyday, versatile basic
Men’s Running Shorts
These North Face shorts have a fitted layer underneath that doesn’t ride up and keeps you comfortable throughout your run. These shorts are reflective, breathable, and they quickly wick away moisture. They have multiple pockets, on the inside and out, so you have maximum storage while running. If you’re looking for the ultimate running shorts, you’ve found them!
- 100% polyester
- Stretch-knit panels for mobility and venting
- Kangaroo back pocket
- Secure-zip back pocket
- Storage pocket in liner
- Pieced FlashDry™ knit liner
Although they’re normally $70, the shorts are actually on sale right now for $54.97! These Nike shorts are also made with their Dri-FIT technology and are known for their comfort and support. Just like the previous option, these also have a fitted layer to provide support while running. The only thing to look out for is that they run small, but other than that these are a great option for a new addition to your athletic clothing!
- Dri-FIT/STAY COOL fabric, to wick away sweat and help keep you cool, dry and comfortable, and built-in inner shorts for a supportive fit
- Stretch outer shorts feature all over perforated detail to increase air flow
- Elasticated waist with an adjustable internal drawstring fastening for ultimate comfort and support
- Small rear zipped pocket on the right leg and a small rear pocket
LULULEMON – Surge Short (4.5 / 5)
There’s a theme of expensive shorts here, but we promise they’re worth it, including these Lululemon shorts! They’re reflective and have moisture repelling properties to make sure you stay comfortable. They also have gel pockets to make it easier for access to on-the-go energy, and the waistband loop will hold your shirt if you’d rather be shirtless mid-run. These shorts are definitely a smart choice!
These are the top running shorts for men and woman the benefits of running with these shorts will surprise you.Find Mobility Guardian on Google+