While working out may be a chore or a task for you and your significant other, it is rather important that you take the time to not only stay healthy together for one another but for yourselves as well too. Try working out with your significant other. At first, like trying anything new, there will be bumps in the road. It may be awkward and slightly weird, but in the end, you’ll thank yourselves for taking this adventure. Here is why!
While you would think that spending quality time together is all about going to the movies or taking your time to take a stroll in the evening, that is quality time. But this quality time is a fun, fast-moving date night where you can get your frustrations out in a healthy way. You don’t have to worry about saying something you don’t mean, because you will more than likely work all your frustrations out at the gym.
Quality time does not have to be a fancy dinner or time along– although that is nice, it does not have to be the two of you alone. In fact, it probably a great thing for the two of you to get out as a couple and have the time to spend in a “professional” environment.
Let’s face it when you do anything with your spouse, you want to be the better player and not always the better person. If you’re working out together, you’ll have the perfect opportunity to be the better player. This will help you strive to not only do better at the gym but also at home instead. This is a great way to show each other that you are capable and worth it when it comes to competition.
If you are one of those couples that have the need to be in competition all the time, this may not the environment for you, as a casual thing. But a little competition never hurt anyone, right?
Not only will you make goals but so will your significant other. While your goals may differ, working out together will allow you to help each other meet each goal that you make. Your goals may be vastly different when it comes to working out. You may want to get your mile under a certain time whereas you S/O may want to bench a certain weight. It’s all about working up to each goal and making for healthy competition for each other.
If you meet your goals then you become the couple that defines relationship goals. Never stop pushing and never stop coming up with goals to exceed to make your gym life (and your home life) the epitome of goals.
While you don’t want to be mean when it comes to being honest, be truthful and real. A real, sincere, honest observation will come off as a lot more beneficial than a harsh criticism or a fake attempt at being genuine.
If you feel that your partner can use some work in one area, let them know. If you feel that they are doing really well in another area, let them know. Not only does honesty make the relationship stronger but so will confidence.
- Couple Skills Making Your Relationship Work
- McKay, Matthew (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 328 Pages - 04/01/2007 (Publication Date) - New Harbinger Publications (Publisher)
We’ve all heard the, “I don’t feel like going” or the, “I have a lot to do this evening” when it comes to excuses. The excuses that don’t quite cut it when it comes to keeping someone else accountable. Would you say that to your boss? While your significant other isn’t your boss, think of them as your workout keeper. You want to be sure withhold your end of the deal, whether that be going to the gym three nights a week with your partner or making sure that they are on schedule too.
Just know that a schedule does not have to be set in stone when you first start this journey. Juggling your own schedule can be hard, but it is especially tricky when you’re dealing with two. Getting off schedule just one time can make it really hard for those couples that have a hard time keeping on schedule as it is. Make the commitment to each other and take it day by day to ensure that you are effectively making the most of each other’s time.
Not only will you see yourself in a new light, but you will also see your partner in a new light too. Maybe you’re used to being in charge at home, calling all the shots or taking charge of certain tasks for your significant other but at the gym their the shot caller. Maybe at the gym, your S/O takes charge and shows you how to do certain exercises or use certain machines.
Not only do you see your partner in a different light, but you get to experience them in a new role. This leave room for love all over again. It may sound silly, but when you see your significant other in a whole new light you learn and understand them in a whole new way– Which in turn, makes you fall in love with them all over again.
An Emotional Bond
While relationships are hard, working out is even harder. Exercising your body to it’s fullest potential is tricky– Especially when you’re not in shape or where you want to be. You have to find the strength that you need from within. It is not always easy when it comes to challenging yourself like this, but the emotional support that you get from your significant other really speaks volumes, especially when you need it the most.
The emotional bond that you get at the gym comes with all the other benefits– the honesty, the quality time, the healthy competition. While the emotional bond may be the most important, as it allows you to find trust and gain an appreciation for your partner, all of these benefits are a building block to a stronger relationship.
Working out with your significant other does not have to be a chore or a task that you want to put on the back burner. It does not have to be the thorn in your side and it certainly does not have to start a battle in your relationship. Utilize the gym as a building block for your relationship– While your relationship is the foundation, you need walls to make a home.
Do you workout with your significant other? Do you take the time to work out with your partner? What is your favorite way to workout with your S/O? Let us know! We’d love to hear from you!
- Designed with double sided gliding discs, our workout sliders easily slide on most floor types
- These core sliders are easy to use and perfect for building strength in your abdominal muscles
- Built for athletes at any level of training, these gliders for exercising engage all muscles
- Great for effective low-impact workouts, our strength slides keep pressure off the knees and ankles
- The exercise sliders are lightweight and compact for travel; You never have to skip a workout again
- BRING THE GYM TO YOU & SIMULATE 1,000s OF DOLLARS WORTH OF GYM EQUIPMENT IN 1 SYSTEM: The BodyBoss 2.0 was designed to...
- EASILY WORKOUT UPPER BODY OR LOWER BODY: What if you didn't have to drive to the gym to get an upper body workout in or...
- OVER $1,000,000 RAISED ON KICKSTARTER & INDIEGOGO: When designing the BodyBoss workout product we wanted to make sure...
- GET PROVEN RESULTS & BURN MORE CALORIES: Easily attach the cloth covered resistance bands to the fold up platform and...
- AMAZON BONUS: Free Start Up Workout Program (optional). We will help you learn your BodyBoss 2.0, teach you exercises...
- Full Body Workout - Keep up with the workouts you're used to at the gym without the cost of a gym membership. You can...
- Portable Gym - The Gorilla Bow combines a weightlifting bar and resistance bands to work every major muscle group...
- Adjustable Resistance Levels - Select up to 4 bands at a time and combine resistance to get the best weight for every...
- The First of its Kind - The Gorilla Bow changed the game for weightlifting equipment, allowing it to be lightweight and...
- Product Details - Includes 1 aircraft aluminum “Original Gorilla Bow” (56" x 9.5" x 1.75", Standard Band Kit - 4...
Last update on 2021-07-23 at 19:01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API